ORI TAHITI -The Heiva i Paris starts, the Polynesian dance festival in Europe started in Paris. After the diffusion of the trailers on the social networks and a television appearance, we can say that it was a successful promotion !
The final evening is sell-out !
The second edition of the Heiva i Paris, begins in Europe, France. 12 dance troupe and about 100 dancers from all the horizons overrun the capital of Paris for the pleasure of all the amateur of the Polynesian culture.
This event occurs with the presence of the jury especially coming from Tahiti: it have Tumata Robinson, Manouche Lehartel, Tuarii Tracqui and Moena Maiotui.
The best male dancers, female dancers and the formations compete in 6 categories to win the title of the european Heiva.
THE 6 CATEGORIES ARE:
– Ori vahine solo (best female dancer for the Otea)
– Aparima vahine solo (best female dancer for the Aparima)
– Ori tane solo (best solo dance for man)
– Ori toa (best dance solo warrior or formations up to 4 dancers)
– Ori duo (best mixed couple M/W)
– Mehura (Best troupe/formation of 5 male dancers/female dancers)
Tuarii Tracqui, best male dancer of the Heiva i Tahiti 2012 and Moena Maiotui, best female dancer of the Heiva i Tahiti 2011 went on a TV channel ‘Petit journal de Canal+’ to promote this event organized by Ken Cartler .